Cast and Cure Holographic Effects
Diamond's Cast and Cure technology is a cost effective, inline process that produces high-gloss, holographic effects through the use of UV coatings and specialty film.
Green Chic™ is the New Black
Cast and Cure is a key component of Diamond’s Green Chic™ packaging model, which delivers "Beauty without Compromise" through the use of more sustainable converting methods.
Cast and Cure technology is a cost effective, in-line process that produces high-gloss, holographic effects through the use of UV coatings and specialty film.
Cast and Cure Process
The Cast and Cure process utilizes a specialty film with a micro-embossed holographic pattern. Once the UV coating is applied, the film is laid over the top of the sheet. With the film still applied, the sheet runs through the UV dryer and is cured. The film is rewound, leaving the holographic effect on the sheet. Because there is no actual transfer of a foil or material onto the substrate, the film can be reused several times before new film is needed.
Cast and Cure enhances the brilliance of your printed surface while delivering more sustainable benefits:
- Economical alternative to holographic foil stamping
- Can be more efficient than holographic foil stamping, depending on design (less material and energy usage compared to an off-line foil stamping process)
- Spot or overall coating options
- Available in a variety of patterns, including Gloss, Matte, and Holographic
- Environmentally friendly:
- No film or laminate is left on the sheets
- UV coating process emits no VOCs
- UV coating is recyclable*
- Casting film is reusable
- Casting film is recyclable
*Source: Recyclability of UV and EB Printed and Coated Paper. Beloit Corporation. 1992.
Cast and Cure Photo Gallery
Discover the cure for ordinary folding cartons. Discover Cast and Cure.
Contact us for more details or to request free packaging samples.