Diamond's Liquid Metal™ and MiraFoil® specialty UV coating delivers brilliant metallic effects through a combination of flexo and offset printing with no expensive set-up costs
Liquid Metal™ and MiraFoil® metallic UV coatings are key components of Diamond's Green Chic™ packaging model, which delivers "Beauty without Compromise" through the use of more sustainable converting methods.
Liquid Metal™ Metallic UV Coating
Diamond's Liquid Metal™ specialty UV coating delivers brilliant metallic effects through a combination of flexo and offset printing with no expensive set-up costs. It is a more sustainable, in-line alternative to metallized substrates and foil stamping.
MiraFoil® specialty metallic UV coating delivers "Foil on demand at print speed". It is an economical, in-line alternative to film and foil laminates that creates beautiful satin metallic effects.
Liquid Metal™ and MiraFoil® enhance the printed surface while providing more sustainable benefits:
- Economical, in-line alternative to film and foil laminates, which are difficult to recycle at best
Eliminates issues associated with off-line lamination or foil stamping, including additional transportation, warehousing, and lead times
- Environmentally friendly:
- Reduces converting steps, thus saving time, minimizing costs, and conserving energy.
- Coatings are fully recyclable* through the de-inking process, a commercially-used technology.
- Metallic effects can be spot applied. As a result, most printing process waste (e.g., trim, make ready) is easily recycled into bleached paperboard, which is a significant advantage over laminates.