Printing Press Operator 1
Diamond Packaging, an industry leader specializing in developing innovative and sustainable packaging solutions, is currently recruiting for a full-time printing press operator to join our Printing Department.
Diamond Packaging is an award winning, woman-owned business that offers exceptional benefits to include:
- Medical and dental insurance available on day of hire
- Company pays 63-70% of Excellus medical plans (no high deductible)
- 401k participation after 30 days with company match
- Vacation and personal time off starting immediately
Primary responsibility will be to review contents of folder and plates to ensure correct ink color and type, complete line clearance procedures and documentation, continually monitor sheet throughout run to ensure, as well as maintain the highest level of quality possible, verify correct count was run to satisfy customer quantity, and be responsible for the purging of the area of any related materials keeping a clean machine and surroundings in accordance with company outlines and policies.
- Five (5) years experience in a sheet-fed shop on multicolor equipment with coater.
- Candidate must be shift flexible.
- Mechanical aptitude and understanding of printing process.
- Ability to decipher color variance.
- Will be required to have Color Blindness Ishihara Testing.
- Heidelberg printing press experience preferred.
- Shows initiative and is self-motivated.
- Good attendance record and ability to work any shifts needed.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in and as a team with all employees.
- Demonstrates the ability to set up all feeder adjustments (double sheet detector, squeeze up headstops, etc.)
- Able to mount printing plates on units and register color to color.
- Demonstrates quality awareness.
- Understanding of wash-up on press.
- Knowledgeable of console operation and press computer.
- Able to work overtime when needed.
$27.50 - $36.00/hour
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to:
Or, by mail to:
P.O. Box 23620
111 Commerce Dr.
Rochester, NY 14692
Diamond Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.