TruCOLOR™ Expanded Color Gamut Printing
Diamond Packaging's TruCOLOR™ system is our proprietary ECG method of color control, color monitoring, and color matching.
Six- and Seven-Color Process Offset Printing
Expanded Color Gamut (ECG)
Diamond utilizes six- and seven-color process offset printing, which provides an expanded color gamut (ECG). An example of an expanded color gamut system is the PANTONE Hexachrome® system, which uses orange, green (and violet) in addition to enhanced versions of cyan, magenta, yellow, and black. The use of six or seven high-fidelity colors increases the range of color by 20% and provides improvement in transitions between colors. The high-fidelity color system can also reproduce more than 90% of the Pantone Matching System® colors.
TruCOLOR™ – the Color of Life
The Diamond TruCOLOR™ system is our proprietary ECG method of color control, color monitoring, and color matching, offering unparalleled quality and economic benefits compared to traditional four-color process printing. The Diamond TruCOLOR™ system:
- Uses just six or seven colors to accurately and optimally reproduces over 1000 colors
- Delivers near-photographic fidelity from an offset printing process
- Produces smoother vignettes and softer color-to-color transitions
- Monitors and maintains accurate color reproduction throughout the press run
- Is an efficient and economical method for reproducing a variety of vibrant and subtle colors without expensive plate changes
Optimal print quality and accurate color reproduction is ensured throughout the press run by employing various control systems such as spectrophotometry. This system extends beyond traditional densitometer readings by measuring the color’s hue as well as the ink film thickness on the sheet.