Foil stamping adds elegance and value to packaging, turning the ordinary into the extraordinary. Available in a variety of colors and finishes, it is the only technique that can give bright, non- tarnishing metallic effects to paperboard or plastic. Foils can also be overprinted or embossed for even greater impact.
- Diffraction/Patterned – foils consisting of highly detailed geometric designs
- Flat – opaque foils of intense color
- Gloss – transparent foils glossy in appearance
- Holographic – foils producing an illusion of depth, three dimensionality and varying colors
- Metallic – metallized aluminum foils available in many colors and finishes
- Pearlescent – similar to gloss foils but with a translucent pearl color
- Rainbow – foils producing the spectrum of colors depending on the angle of view
Foil Stamping, Mylar (metallized polyester film), or Foil Board?
Proprietary manufacturing methods allow us to produce both types of packaging cost effectively and with excellent results. From a manufacturing standpoint, the process and finished appearance of both are similar but each offers their own advantages:
Hot Foil Stamping
- Noticeable increase in brilliance compared to foil board
- Available in a variety of colors, finishes and effects
- In-house production results in shorter lead times
- Cost effective, in-line alternative to metallized polyester film or specialty foil board
- Overprinting offers a limitless palette of color options
- Precise registration between foil and overprinted inks, coatings
- Flexibility to produce large, solid areas with fine detail, halftones, small fonts, and knockouts
Mylar (metallized polyester film)
- The ultimate in reflectivity and brilliance
- Mirror-like finish is a perfect choice for upscale or luxury packaging (e.g., cosmetics, fragrance)
- Finished appearance of foil stamping
- Many types of refracted surfaces available
- More economical depending on the application
Diamond can also employ techniques such as foil over foil, blind emboss, refractive engraving and overprinting to achieve even greater eye appeal.
Contact us for more information or to request a free hot foil stamping or cold foiling sample kit.