Diamond Packaging's award-winning design engineers create folding cartons that are both innovative and sustainable, while considering factors such as product protection, usability, billboard space, sustainability, and of course, first moment of truth (FMOT). Packaging that inspires. Packaging that sells.
Cast and Cure Holographic Effects
Cast and Cure is a key component of Diamond’s Sustainable Chic™ packaging model, which delivers "Beauty without Compromise" through the use of more sustainable converting methods.
Cast and Cure technology is a cost effective, inline process that produces high-gloss, holographic effects through the use of UV coatings and specialty film.
Cast and Cure enhances the brilliance of your printed surface while delivering more sustainable benefits:
- Can be more efficient than holographic foil stamping, depending on design (less material and energy usage compared to an off-line foil stamping process)
- Spot or overall coating options
- No film or laminate is left on the sheets
- UV coating process emits no VOCs
- Casting film is reusable
- Casting film is recyclable
Sustainable Package Design
Our designers create packaging that is both innovative and sustainable, while considering factors such as product protection, usability, billboard space, and first moment of truth (FMOT).
The most recent data published by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) indicates that paper and paperboard packaging accounts for 75% of all packaging materials recovered for recycling in the U.S.
Learn more by downloading the EPA's Advancing Sustainable Materials Management: 2017 Fact Sheet (November 2019).
- Artisan is also certified as a compostable and biodegradable material
- BillerudKorsnäs’ operations are fully certified in accordance with ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004, PEFC™ Chain of Custody, and FSC®Chain of Custody
- BillerudKorsnäs is actively pursuing improvements to minimize the environmental impact from all parts of the operations, including entirely phasing out the use fossil fuels in production
Clearwater Paper (SBS)
- Candesce® is a premium, solid bleached sulfate board made from virgin fibers
- Candesce® features a superior printing surface
- Candesce® SBS delivers package strength at 10% lower weights than recycled board (raises product-to-package ratio)
- Candesce® is FSC certified
- Clearwater Paper is dedicated to promoting environmentally and socially responsible forest management
- Both Clearwater Paper paperboard mills are FSC chain-of-custody certified, making Clearwater Paper the only U.S. supplier offering a full caliper range of FSC-certified SBS paperboard
- Clearwater Paper invests in continuing education for professional foresters, and has a college scholarship program for high schools located near its operation
- Invercote G premium paperboard features a exceptionally smooth print surface
- Invercote G is 100% recyclable and made from a renewable resource
- Invercote G is FSC-certified
- Iggesund Paperboard belongs to the Holmen Group whose business is based on natural and renewable raw materials from the forest
- Kraftpak® is a high-yield, low density paperboard which offers a significant source reduction advantage compared to regular-density paperboard grades
- Kraftpak® is a natural, unbleached packaging alternative that is 100% recyclable and made from a renewable resource
- Kraftpak® is FSC certified
- Kraftpak® is manufactured with high yield pulping strategy and byproduct conservation practices utilizing 58% percent biomass in fuel composition
- Kraftpak® is energy efficient and carbon-friendly on a per-carton basis
- All Neenah folding board papers are FSC® certified
- All Neenah folding board papers are made with 100% renewable green electricity
- All 100% post consumer colors are Processed Chlorine Free (PCF)
- Neenah Folding Board is a premium, natural choice available in a variety of finishes
- Neenah Century C1S 100PC is made from 100% Post Consumer Waste (PCW) fibers
Mohawk (mixed sources)
- Loop (formerly Renewal) is made from 80% Post Consumer Waste (PCW) fiber
- Loop was developed to meet the needs of brand marketers seeking a premium board with highly sustainable qualities for luxury packaging
- Loop features a lush uncoated surface that accepts ink beautifully and performs extremely well throughout the entire finishing and converting manufacturing process
- Loop's premium surface is very tactile and lends itself to a wide range of printing and finishing techniques
- Loop is FSC certified (mixed sources)
- Loop is manufactured with Green-e certified wind power
- Loop is manufactured carbon neutral
- Mohawk Fine Papers joined the U.S. EPA Climate Leaders program to further develop greenhouse gas reduction goals
- Mohawk Fine Papers' mill has earned FSC Chain-of-Custody certification
Monadnock (mixed sources)
- Envi PC 80 is made from 80% Post Consumer Waste (PCW) and 20% responsibly sourced virgin fiber
- Envi PC 80 is designed to meet the luxury marketplace need for environmentally friendly packaging
- Envi PC 80 is manufactured Process Chlorine Free
- Envi PC 80 is FSC certified (mixed sources)
- Envi PC 80 is manufactured with Green-e certified 100% renewable electricity
- Envi PC 80 is manufactured carbon neutral
- Monadnock's mill is the only premium uncoated text and cover paper mill in the U.S. with a certified ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management System
- Renew100™ Angel low density coated recycled board is made from 100% recycled fibers (average 35% PCW)
- Renew100™ Angel features a smooth print surface for eye-catching graphics
- Renew100™ Angel is FDA compliant for direct food contact
- WestRock has long been committed to practicing environmental sustainability, having started with up-cycling in 1917
- WestRock has continued to build processes around environmental sustainability by expanding operations to contribute to key stages
Folding Carton Samples
Contact us for more information or to request a free folding carton sample kit. The kit includes examples of different paperboard substrates and capabilities, including specialty UV coatings, cold foiling, foil stamping, embossing, and windowing. All are designed to attract the consumer’s attention when and where it matters most—at the point of sale.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
Diamond Packaging supports the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
The Sustainable Development Goals provide a taxonomy around which data can be monitored, managed, collected, collated and reported.
Diamond measures and reports on where existing business practices and/or projects impact on one or more of the SDGs, including:
"We are excited to introduce Diamond Lockbox™ as a natural evolution in cannabis packaging design,” said Dennis Bacchetta, director of marketing. “The Lockbox™ designs are a synergy of creative structural design, beautiful aesthetics, and industry-leading sustainability practices that Diamond is known for."