MiraFoil® Satin Metallic UV Coating
MiraFoil® is a key component of our Green Chic™ packaging model, which delivers "Beauty without Compromise" by capturing the essence of luxury or upscale brands through more sustainable converting methods.
MiraFoil® specialty metallic UV coating delivers "Foil on demand at print speed". It is an economical, in-line alternative to film and foil laminates that creates satin metallic effects while providing environmentally-friendly benefits:
- Replaces film and foil laminates, which are difficult to recycle at best.
- Eliminates issues associated with off-line lamination or foil stamping, including additional transportation, warehousing, and lead times.
- Reduces converting steps, thus saving time, minimizing costs, and conserving energy.
- Fully recyclable through the de-inking process, a commercially used technology*.
- Metallic effects can be spot applied. As a result, most printing process waste (e.g., trim, make ready) is easily recycled into bleached paperboard, which is a significant advantage over laminates.
Diamond applies MiraFoil® in an initial flexo dispersion coater on its new state-of-the-art Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 offset printing press prior to printing up to eight colors and two additional specialty coatings — all in a single pass!
Discover the revolutionary approach and appeal of MiraFoil® coating. Contact us for more details or to request samples. Or watch this MiraFoil® Simulation Effect video, showing a sheet with and without MiraFoil®.
* Source: Donco Recycling, 2007. (The ability to sort and recycle consumer waste cartons using MiraFoil® is not available in all communities, however).