Connected Packaging Solutions
With the advent of the Internet of Things (IoT), smart packaging has emerged as a viable medium to bridge the gap between the physical and digital worlds. According to SmithersPira, the global smart packaging market is estimated to grow at an annual rate of 7.5% to $7.8 billion by 2021. Advances in technology are allowing companies the ability to connect with customers in new and exciting ways to ensure product safety and traceability, protect their brands, promote their brands, and facilitate a more engaging user experience — whenever and wherever they are making purchasing decisions.
Diamond leads in the digital transformation of products. Connected packaging — through anti-diversion (AD) coding and serialization — supports Anti-Counterfeiting and Track and Trace initiatives. Interactive NFC smart tag technology enables brands to connect directly with consumers.
Promotional Coding and Serialization
Our Markem-Imaje and Videojet small character inkjet printers enable a wide range of promotional coding and serialization functions:
- Wide code choice (e.g., bar codes, multi-line, logos, etc.)
- Advanced specialty inks or revealer
- Code integrity
- Ensure product safety and traceability
- Promote your brand and support marketing initiatives
- Protect your brand
Thinfilm NFC SpeedTap™ Smart Tags
NFC SpeedTap™ tags are revolutionary wireless tags that combine the instant interactivity of Near Field Communication (NFC) with the advantages of printed electronics technology. By connecting the physical and digital worlds, NFC SpeedTap™ tags allow smartphone users to communicate with packaging, offering key advantages in both brand management and supply chain management.
- Single-ID NFC tag provides instant product authentication
- Each tag's unique ID enables item-level tracking and advanced analytics
- Create targeted marketing campaigns by streamlining promotions, triggering repeat purchases
- More efficient than QR codes or direct data entry
- Easily integrated into folding cartons
- Simple, instant consumer engagement and brand protection
- Affordable item-level intelligence with smartphone interactivity:
- Mobile marketing and advertising (often used in-store)
- Product instructions/how-tos/recipes
- Instant product reordering
- Supply chain tracking
- Asset tagging
- Anti-counterfeiting / anti-diversion
Contact us for more information or to request smart packaging samples.