State-of-the-Art Package Printing
Diamond’s eight-color Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 and 10-color XL106 offset printing presses represent the state-of-the-art in package printing technology, providing an unprecedented combination of cost innovation and sustainability.
These presses offer the latest in coating capabilities, including a Flexo coating unit upfront (to lay down Liquid Metal™ or MiraFoil® eco-friendly metallic coating effects or specialty coatings), a compact cold foil module (to cost-effectively deliver in-line metallic or holographic effects), and a Dual flexo coating unit on the end to apply UV, aqueous, or specialty coatings — all in a single pass.
In addition, we have expertise in printing on many different substrates including:
- Paperboard (SBS, recycled, mixed sources)
- Foilboard (metallized polyester film on SBS)
- Transfer metallization board
- Microflute or Eclipse board
- Plastic (APET, PVC, or PP)
Optimal print quality and accurate color reproduction is ensured throughout the press run by employing various control systems such as spectrophotometry. This system extends beyond traditional densitometer readings by measuring the color’s hue as well as the ink film thickness on the sheet.
G7® Master Qualification
Diamond has achieved Idealliance® G7® Master Qualification, joining a select group of print providers who have successfully completed training, examination, and qualification of their print production processes, validating their capabilities to the highest level of global industry standards and specifications.
G7® Master Qualification Benefits
- Industry-leading set of best practices for achieving gray balance
- Driving force for achieving visual similarity across all print processes
- Enables printers to reproduce a similar visual appearance across all printing types and substrates
- Ensures color quality and repeatability
Contact us for more information on Diamond's printing capabilities or to request printed samples.